The Complications Management in Injectables course is aimed at medical practitioners who deliver aesthetic injectable treatments to clinics. The course will enable to practitioners to understand what may cause complications to arise, how to prevent them from arising and also how to manage a complication should one appear. We also include protocols for practice, which are recommended by the Aesthetic Complications Expert Group (ACE).
Objectives and content
- Causes of complications
- Prevention of complications
- Management of complications – bacterial infections, biofilms, granulomas, lumps & nodules, vascular occlusion and herpes
- Protocols for practice (as recommended by ACE guidelines)
- Have refreshed knowledge on anatomy and physiology
- Identify potential causes of complications
- Be able to prevent complications arising
- Be able to manage complications if they do occur
- Learn how to manage mild, moderate and serious complications – bacterial infections, biofilms, granulomas, delayed onset lumps & nodules, vascular occlusion and herpes, bruising, swelling, tyndell effect,
- Know about protocols for practice (as recommended by ACE guidelines).